Start Your Nissan with a Dead Key Fob
If you’ve been running errands in Hahira and your Nissan keyfob is no longer working, there’s no need to worry! You can still start your Nissan with a dead key fob in a few simple steps from Valdosta Nissan. Learn how to start your Nissan with a dead key fob with our team below, then keep reading to see how to replace your Nissan key fob battery.
Opening your Drivers Door
If your Nissan key fob died while you were out running errands, you can still get into your vehicle and get back to your Thomasville home. Simply follow the steps below:
- Flip the key fob over, then push the small release latch.
- Pull out the hidden emergency key from the bottom of the fob.
- Insert the key in the driver’s side door and unlock it to enter.
Start Your Engines
Once you’re inside your Nissan, you can start it to resume your Valdosta errands or make your way home. If your Nissan has a key fob port, you can still insert the key fob and tap the brake pedal or clutch as you press the START/STOP button to start your vehicle.
If your Nissan doesn’t have a port, just step on the brake or clutch as you press the key fob against the START/STOP button, turning the vehicle on. This works because there’s a circuit inside the START/STOP button that will recognize your Nissan key fob.
How to Change your Nissan Key Fob Battery
Now that you have your vehicle started, you’ll want to make your way to a Valdosta store or your home to find a new Nissan key fob battery. Your Nissan will take a CR2025 battery, which is sold at most stores and online. Once you have your Nissan key fob battery, follow the steps below to replace it.
- Remove the hidden key you used to get into your Nissan.
- Remove the key housing and take out the old battery after taking note of the position.
- Replace the CR2025 battery, making sure the negative side of the battery is facing up toward you.
- Put the key fob back together, and test it to ensure it works properly.
Get a Nissan Key Fob Replacement at Valdosta Nissan
If your Nissan key fob still isn’t working after you’ve replaced the battery, or if your key fob has suffered extensive damage, you may need a Nissan key fob replacement. If this is the case, schedule an appointment with our service team, and we’ll get you a new key fob, key, and pair it to your vehicle. When you need Nissan service, rely on the team at Valdosta Nissan!